Jack59 "Serenity" Conditioner Bar
Jack59 prides itself in creating natural hair care products that are sustainably made and ethically sourced. Founded by Vanessa Marshall, Jack59's pH balanced shampoo and conditioner bars are paraben-free, sulfate-free, silicone-free, and vegan, with gluten-free options available, too. Using pH balanced products aligned with the natural pH of your hair is key to effective, healthy hair care.
Indigenous owned and based in Edmonton, Alberta, Jack59 uses ethically sourced ingredients and a maintains a committment to zero-waste through...
- A 100% plastic free production process
- 100% recyclable packaging
- 100% compostable shower container
- Producing long lasting bars that can replace up to three traditional liquid shampoo plastic bottles, and up to five liquid conditioner plastic bottles
Read more about Jack59 here: https://www.jack59.ca/pages/the-story-of-our-shampoo-bars
About this product:
A slightly different formula than Jack59's other conditioner bars, Serenity is designed for sensitive skin. If you have experienced an itchy scalp with other shampoo or conditioner bars, you'll love this! And this formula makes it possible to enjoy some relaxing aromatherapy while you use it: refreshing bergamot, tangy blood orange, deep earthy Patchouli and Ylang-Ylang... so soothing!
- Ideal for fine hair and sensitive skin
- Mango seed butter is less comedogenic than cocoa seed butter so it will reduce the chance of breakouts on the scalp, if you're prone to them
- Light conditioning (BTMS 25 derived from Colza oil)
Not sure which Jack59 product is best for you? Try a sample set available here: https://justthegoods.net/products/jack59-conditioner-bar-sampler-travel-trial-pack or, check out Jack59's hair care quiz here: https://www.jack59.ca/pages/hair-quiz.
Please note: This product contains no water and is therefore highly concentrated; scents are likewise very concentrated. All sales of Jack59 products are final.
Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Rice, DL Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Diheptyl Succinate (and) Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Sinensis, Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Spirulina platensis
Shampoo and conditioner bars are very convenient and easy to use and if used properly the bars should last for 80+ uses for shampoo bars and 100+ uses for conditioner bars. The only real difference is that the bars do not contain water so they do not require a plastic bottle. The bars will utilize the water in your hair to produce lather. They are extremely concentrated so a little goes a long way.
- Simply wet your hair then wet the bar
- For shorter hair, you can lather the shampoo bar in your hands until you have enough lather, set the bar down, and apply the lather to your hair. Proceed to massage through your hair like you normally would. Rinse out the lather and proceed to conditioner bar.
- For longer hair, make sure there is a sufficient amount of water in your hair to produce abundant lather. Apply the bar directly to the hair in downward strokes. Set the shampoo bar down and massage into hair like normal then rinse out, repeat if necessary and then proceed to conditioner bar.
- Repeat the process with the conditioner bar.
- Make sure there is a nice amount of water in your hair to allow the conditioner to disperse fully through your hair. The conditioner can be left in your hair for up to 15 minutes but it is not necessary, the full effect will be achieved after a few minutes. Usually 8 to 10 downward swipes with the conditioner bar is sufficient for a beautiful result. You can quickly dip your hair under the shower water to ensure the conditioner reaches every strand. Rinse out well and style as usual. Our conditioner bars can be used as a leave in. Simply wet the conditioner bar and rub a small amount onto your hands and then smooth through the ends of your hair.
Remember: Keep bars dry between uses so they last as long as possible. Looking for a handy way to do that? Check out Jack59's shower cases available here: https://justthegoods.net/products/jack59-shampoo-and-conditioner-bar-shower-storage-container
65 g / 2 oz conditioner bar in a paper box. One bar replaces up to 5 plastic bottles and provides 100+ washes
Sample sizes are 20 g and come in a glassine paper bag, not a box.