wholesale information and a response to frequently asked questions
Just the Goods was established in 2009 with the goal of making natural skin care options as affordable as possible through the provision of public wholesale pricing, the details of which can be found here: https://justthegoods.net/pages/how-are-just-the-goods-products-priced
For a period of several years Just the Goods experimented with offering select retailers slightly reduced product pricing with accessible minimum order requirements. However, over the course of the past year, we've observed that the best way to mitigate the impacts of greedflation on our supply chain is to return to our original policy of offering the same universally low pricing for all.
Having said that, it is worth noting that retailers -- especially those in the US -- may still draw additional benefit in the following ways:
- Favourable currency conversion: Just the Goods pricing is established in Canadian Dollars, so those located in the US experience a reduced pricing rate of approximately 24%. For maximum benefit, toggle the currency option to "CAD" and let your business credit card provide you with it's very best currency conversion rates.
- Higher volume "combined shipping": Reduce overall shipping cost per unit leaving ample opportunity to mark up individual products in a retail environment while still creating a very attractive option for those who find the cost of purchasing one or two items at justthegoods.net cost prohibitive due to shipping costs.
- International shipping at US domestic rates: Just the Goods' leverages the value of our brokerage arrangement which involves batching parcels to the US so they may ship as if originating from within the United States (Pembina, ND).
- The Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) permits the import of up to $800 USD worth of cosmetics into the United States per day without additional duty.
Even after retailers have adjusted the pricing of each item to suit their brick and mortar environment, clients often appreciate the convenience of buying a few things as they need them at an overall lower price as compared to ordering directly from Just the Goods after small order shipping has been factored into the equation.
The popularity of Just the Goods at several retail locations within Winnipeg over the past 14 years provides an interesting case study in that -- even though local customers could order products from my website with delivery via Canada Post - they are overwhelmingly happy to pay retail pricing because it is more both more convenient and perhaps more enjoyable, as well.
Yes, I am fully aware that conventional wholesale practices offer retailers 50% below public pricing, but Just the Goods is not a conventional project. As noted above, I work very hard to keep all prices as low as possible, and don’t inflate direct-to-client prices simply because that is what others do.
As a consequence of my deliberate pricing choices, I do not actively seek retail relationships. I am, however, open to working with progressive retailers in a manner that recognizes the distinct nature of handmade products designed to be accessible versus items mass produced in a factory for the explicit purpose of maximizing profit.
My ultimate concern rests with helping people switch away from toxic skin care products and cosmetics, so everything I handmade is produced with quality ingredients in small batches to protect product integrity without the use of artificial preservatives. This involves time and labour, and that is why Just the Goods is different, appreciated, and successful exactly as it is. I am not interested in growth for its own sake.
If you would like to place a wholesale order, please feel welcome to do so through this website. The production and shipping schedule can be found via the top of each page of this website, so you always know when your order is expected to arrive.
Please be aware:
- All Just the Goods products are handmade without artificial preservatives. To prolong the quality of your stock, you are advised to display them in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Each product is date stamped with a made-on date; sell by date varies according to product and storage conditions. For more information about product longevity, please visit: https://justthegoods.net/pages/how-long-do-just-the-goods-products-last
- Products containing water can not ship in glass during the winter because, as the water freezes and expands, it runs the risk of shattering glass bottles. Please also note that items such as body butter are susceptible to melt during high temperatures in the summer; however, the product can still be enjoyed once it firms up again; it will simply have a different texture (balm rather than aerated butter)
- In keeping with our sample first policy: all sales are final. Detailed terms and conditions can be found here: https://justthegoods.net/pages/terms-policies-wholesale-inquiries-other-helpful-information
Please also note that interested retailers are encouraged to place an order through this website to ensure familiarity with Just the Goods as I receive many inquiries from retailers, estheticians, bloggers etc., worldwide and I have thus established a policy against the provision of free samples.
Thank you and all best,
Updated: January 29, 2024