Just the Goods uses fresh, natural ingredients without the use of artificial preservatives. Due to the nature of these ingredients, it is recommended that products be used within 4 – 6 months of receipt, even though some products may last considerably longer. To protect the quality of your purchase and prevent premature deterioration, always store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and fluctuating humidity (i.e. steamy showers). To avoid accidental contamination, do not mix Just the Goods products with tap water or contact them with unwashed hands as to do so may contribute to bacterial growth. Seal containers tightly between use.
Under ideal conditions…
- massage oil and sugar/salt body scrubs last up to 4 months
- hand/body lotion and facial moisturizer lasts 4 – 6 months
- toothpaste, moisturizing face wash, eye make up remover, foot scrub, hair conditioner can last between 8 – 9 months
- toner, body butter, shampoo, body wash, and deodorant last approximately 1 year
- shaving solids last approximately 2 years
However, I still emphasize 4 – 6 months as an average just to be on the safe side as it ultimately depends on how products are handled and stored. With all that stated, please keep in mind that when used as recommended, the products are expected to run out before their average expiration (i.e. face wash once daily, toner once or twice daily, facial moisturizer twice daily, etc.). If you’d like to buy extra stock to save on shipping, which is always a great idea, I recommend storing unopened products in your refrigerator, particularly hand/body lotion and/or facial moisturizer.