Responding to the needs of folks with chronically dry skin that tends toward sensitivity, or experiences stress from managing the impact of - for example - an arid climate, Just the Goods has developed a light cleansing gel that balances the need for both surface cleansing and moisutre retention. And yes, sometimes and oil cleansing method just feels nice, too!
This product can be used alone, or before the gentle exfoliation offered via petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods' cleansing grains for dry skin. In either case, it is recommended that this product be followed with cleansing toner for best results.
This light gel features the following ingredients:
- Organic, unrefined coconut oil -- while not recommended as a leave-on facial moisturizer -- contains a variety of medium-chain fatty acids with antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to break down sebum, dirt, and makeup on the surface of the skin without causing irritation.
- Castor oil is a humectant rich in triglycerides to help skin retain moisture while also stimulating new tissue growth
- Jojoba oil is uniquely like our own skin's sebum, so it is remarkably effective at penetrating deeply to both deliver necessary moisture and control excess oil in every skin type. It also contains essential fatty acids such as omega-6 and -9, rich antioxidants, and nourishing vitamins A, D, and E, all of which combine to soothe, protect, and repair cellular damage.
- Geranium essential oil offering antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial properties help to normalize sebum secretion and prevent acne. As an anti-inflammatory, it promotes blood circulation ensuring best possible nourishment to cells, which contributes to hydration and minimizes incidences of eczema and rosacea. Rich in antioxidants, it promotes skin’s natural ability to ward off free radicals and harmful UV rays. It's gentle astringent effect helps to cleanse and tighten pores.
- Bisabolol is the active compound in chamomile, which makes it anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial -- all beneficial for gentle cleansing while also soothing and softening dry and/or easily irritated skin.
This product is also suitable for daily use by those with normal/sensitive skin and suitable for occassional use by those with oily skin.
This cleanser can remove both mineral and petroleum-based makeup. For best results, remove product from face with a washcloth well saturated with warm water, then -- as mentioned above -- follow with an appropriate toner applied with a cotton pad to reach into pores for a complete finish. Find JTG’s tips for daily skin care, including how to most effectively use toner, here: https://justthegoods.net/pages/tips-for-daily-skin-care.
Each glass jar contains 100 g / 3.52 oz. This product contains ingredients considered safe for use during most pregnancies and nursing. Still, it is best to check with your health care providers first in case of any unique circumstances which may demonstrate otherwise.
All petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods products are…
- made with 100% certified organic plant and mineral-based ingredients
- vegan and certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program
- free from artificial preservatives, colours, and/or fragrances
- free from gluten, GMOs, nuts, palm, petrochemicals, and soy
- offered in glass bottles/jars and packed in boxes printed on post-consumer paper with plant-based inks using a waterless process
This product is handcrafted without the use of artificial preservatives and lasts longer when exposure to the elements (i.e. air, humidity, sunlight) is kept to a minimum. Please store in a cool, dark place and keep tightly sealed between uses for maximum longevity.
NOTE: Not sure if this product is right for you? Try a sample first by selecting the smaller packaging option using the drop down menu
cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, ricinus communis (castor) oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, pelargonium graveolens (geranium bourbon) oil*, matricaria chamomilla (german chamomile) oil*, eugenol•, geraniol•, linalool•, citronellol•
•component of essential oil
huile de cocos nucifera (noix de coco)*, huile de ricinus communis (ricin)*, huile de graines de simmondsia chinensis (jojoba)*, huile de pélargonium graveolens (géranium bourbon)*, huile de matricaria camomilla (camomille allemande), eugénol•, géraniol•, linalol•, citronellol•
• composant d'huile essentielle
Massage a small amount of product onto face in circular motions avoiding the eyes; rinse well with warm water and a washcloth; pat dry with a towel and follow with toner for best results. Store in a cool, dark place (i.e. a refrigerator will maintain firm texture if desired). Use within 8 months of opening.
Masser une petite quantité de gel sur le visage en mouvements circulaires en évitant les yeux. Bien rincer avec de l'eau tiède et une débarbouillette, sécher en tapotant avec une serviette puis appliquer un tonique pour de meilleurs résultats. Ranger dans un endroit frais et sombre (un réfrigérateur maintiendra la texture ferme si désiré). Utiliser dans les 8 mois suivant l'ouverture.