Just the Goods vegan facial moisturizer for oily/combination skin
A quick look at the ingredients in conventional moisturizing lotion can be disconcerting. Petroleum is problematic enough without a whole bunch of other chemicals such as parabens and carbomers, not to mention artificial fragrances and colour. Yet, sadly, those elements constitute the basis of most widely available products.
It seems the sky is the limit when it comes to selecting oils for use in cosmetics, so our goal when creating a moisturizing lotion was to balance healthier choices and affordability.
- Avocado oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E, as well as potassium, proteins, beta-carotene and numerous essential unsaturated fatty acids. It also contains a high quantity of sterolins, which is reported to help reduce age spots, help heal sun damage and scars. Avocado oil is furthermore said to increase the amount of collagen in the skin, which facilitates regeneration, particularly in the case of skin that is dehydrated or otherwise affected by difficult climates (i.e. Winnipeg’s dry winters). Some claim that avocado oil can even help to relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema.
- Apricot kernel oil has a high content of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acid. It is considered gentle enough to be used in products for babies, and is thus also suitable for mature and sensitive skin. It is well absorbed without leaving a greasy feeling, and can be helpful in calming the discomfort associated with conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Aloe vera gel is a powerful moisturizer that simultaneously helps to remove dead skin. It also stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin and is known to have a healing effect on burns and other wounds, all of which translates into assisting regeneration.
- Lemon myrtle and lavender essential oil provide substantial yet gentle antibacterial support to help pores stay clean, which helps to reduce occasional breakouts.
- Distilled water gives this lotion a smooth, fluid texture while ensuring a non-greasy finish, vegetable based emulsifying wax holds everything together, and vegetable glycerine provides staying power.
Please note: This product is not mattifying. Rather, it provides oily/combination skin with a suitable plant-based alternative to petrochemical-based ingredients, so it is best to use a tiny amount while your skin adjusts and no longer overcompensates for the drying effects of petrochemicals by over-producing sebum/oil. Overuse of this or any other plant based facial moisturizer can indeed contribute to oily skin. A little goes a long way, so apply a scant amount, and adjust as required while monitoring over time.
This handcrafted product is made without artificial preservatives. To protect it's integrity and to promote longevity, please store this product in a cool dark place and seal tightly between uses as heat and sunlight will cause premature deterioration.
vegan facial moisturizer for oily/combination skin /hydratant pour le visage végétalien pour les peaux: aqua (water/eau), persea gratissima (avocado/avocat) oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot/abricot) kernel oil, ethoxylated sorbitan ester (vegetable based emulsifying wax/cire émulsifiante végétale), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf gel, vegetable glycerin/glycérine végétale, lavandula angustifolia (lavender/lavande) oil, backhousia citriodora (lemon myrtle/myrte citronnée) oil, tocopherol (vitamin e - non GMO soy/vitamine e - soja sans OGM)
25 ml / 1 oz; 118 ml / 4 oz. Reusable pumps for 4oz bottles sold separately (https://justthegoods.net/collections/accessories)