petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods' facial cleansing grains offers a soapless approach to gently washing the day away from oily skin. It contains plant-based ingredients that cleanse, nourish, and balance naturally oily skin; it does not contain any synthetic mattifying ingredients.
- Lavender is a powerhouse herb that is antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory allowing it to remove bacteria from skin while protecting it from irritation. In addition to providing moisture, it promotes circulation, which helps tone and firm skin by encouraging cellular renewal. It's calming effect on the nervous system can help to minimize the impact of stress on skin
- Kaolin is a mild yet effective clay that helps to absorb accumulated oil and dirt from pores without over-drying.
- Amaranth flour is a gluten-free ancient grain rich in both saponins and fiber that very gently clean and exfoliate while imparting helpful micronutrients beneficial to skin including manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron
- Shavegrass' unique silica content allows it to help form collagen in the body. Beyond this, its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties encourage skin to thrive by offering nutrients including calcium, manganese, iron, saponins, flavonoids, tannins, caffeic acid esters, alkaloids, phytosterols, and essential fatty acids, among others
- Nutrient rich alfalfa offers proteins, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, all of which combine to combat the effects of pollutants and irritants on skin by promoting soothing, healing, and cellular regeneration. It's high levels of chlorophyll provide antibacterial cleansing
- Marshmallow root features mucilage, polysaccharides, and low concentrations of ceramide precursors to soothe, moisturize, and heal
- Ginger contains approximately 40 antioxidants enabling it to promote circulation, cellular renewal, and ultimately better skin tone and elasticity while it's antiseptic properties help to keep skin clear
Packaged dry to prevent risk of spoilage and the need for unnecessary synthetic preservatives, these cleansing grains can be customized with the amount of water added to create a light paste according to your desired consistency. Pre-mix a small portion in a dish and apply with a brush, or mix a portion with water directly in your hands immediately upon use, the choice is yours! Apply onto face, massage gently, and rinse well.
This cleanser can remove most mineral makeup, but should be followed with a cleansing toner applied with a cotton pad to reach into pores for a complete finish, particularly if attempting to remove petroleum-based cosmetics. Find JTG's tips for daily skin care, including how to most effectively use toner, here: https://justthegoods.net/pages/tips-for-daily-skin-care .
Each glass jar contains 40g / 1.41oz. This product contains ingredients considered safe for topical use during most pregnancies and nursing. Still, it is best to check with your health care providers first in case of any unique circumstances which may demonstrate otherwise.
All petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods products are…
- made with 100% certified organic plant and mineral-based ingredients
- vegan and certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program
- free from artificial preservatives, colours, and/or fragrances
- free from gluten, GMOs, nuts, palm, petrochemicals, and soy
- offered in glass bottles/jars and packed in boxes printed on post-consumer paper with plant-based inks using a waterless process
This product is handcrafted without the use of artificial preservatives and lasts longer when exposure to the elements (ie air, humidity, sunlight) is kept to a minimum. Please store in a cool, dark place and keep tightly sealed between uses for maximum longevity.
NOTE: Not sure if this product is right for you? Try a sample first by selecting the smaller packaging option using the drop down menu
lavandula angustifolia (lavender) petals*, kaolin clay, amaranthus caudatus (amaranth) flour*, equisetum arvense (shavegrass)°, medicago sativa (alfalfa)*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root powder*, zingiber officinale (ginger) root powder*
lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower*, kaolin clay, amaranthus caudatus (amaranth) flour*, equisetum arvense (field horsetail)*°, medicago sativa (alfalfa) leaf*, amaranth root powder 'althaea officinalis (marshmallow)*, zingiber officinale (ginger) root powder*
Mix a small amount of cleansing grains in the palm of your hand with water until a paste is formed. On-face massage. Rinse off with warm water. Store in a cool, dark place.
Mix a small amount of cleansing grains in the palm of your hand with water until a paste forms. Massage on the face. Rinse with warm water. Keep away from light and heat.
For detailed information on how to use Just the Goods facial cleansing grains, facial scrubs, and face masks, please visit: https://justthegoods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4420549719575-How-to-use-Just-the-Goods-cleansing-grains-facial-scrubs-and-face-masks