Producing limited edition items is an enjoyable way for me to indulge in the more creative aspects of Just the Goods while also exploring new materials.
When I first created this formula, it was because I'd purchased a bottle of organic sacha inchi oil while contemplating carriers to include in the forthcoming petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods range of dry skin. Upon remembering that sacha inchi is a nut -- and thus an ingredient intentionally excluded from that line -- I opted to find an alternate use for it. It is remarkably rich, while still absorbing quickly, so I decided to make a foot care item with it and, to offer some variety as compared to other Just the Goods products already available, I decided to explore a non-mint option.
Later, when I finished the quantity I'd kept for my personal use, I realized it was *also* the most effective thing I'd ever found to help control the dyshidrotic eczema I'm prone to getting from a combination of factors including stress, and wearing medical-grade gloves to protect my hands from excess exposure to undiluted essential oils, etc., as well as the contact dermatitis I've been getting from alcohol- and petroleum-based hand sanitizer. So, I bought some more sacha inchi oil and made another batch ...
This is the latest batch the largest yet, so hopefully it won't sell out too fast 😅
- sacha inchi, also known known as the Inca peanut, is a richly moisturizing oil that easily penetrates skin making it especially helpful for areas that are dry and/or thick. It is high in vitamins and antioxidants, as well as being nicely balanced in fatty acids Omega 3, 6, and 9.
- Shea butter nourishes skin with vitamins A, E, and F. It also absorbs quickly and provides lasting moisture
- Lemon essential oil is antiseptic, disinfectant and anti-fungal. It can also help to soften skin, which is useful when seeking to treat calluses, corns, and bunions
- Tea tree oil offers antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties making it helpful when seeking to control athlete's foot among other common concerns
- Candelilla wax helps to create a texture slightly more like a balm than a butter it has a little more staying power
sacha inchi foot balm: butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, melaleuca alternafolia (tea tree) leaf oil
Each glass jar is filled with 85 g / 2.99 oz of foot balm
This limited edition item has been made in one size only -- glass jars filled to 85 g by weight. I make this product once or twice a year, when my personal supply runs out -- there's no official production schedule.
Please note: this is a high demand item, so samples are not made available so that all of the batch can be directed to full size formats. As such, even though samples aren't available, this item is final sale. Thank you!