Just the Goods is pleased to welcome Attitude, a fellow maker of EWG Verified skin and body care that formulates with an emphasis on clean, high-performance ingredients packaged in less plastic. Attitude is committed to offsetting their impact by planting trees for every product sold.
Attitude's unscented tinted mineral sunscreen face stick is made with non-nano zinc oxide, a safe & effective sunscreen filter according to EWG experts, this mineral sunscreen forms a physical barrier that protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
Its universal tint blends beautifully into all skin tones and has a sheer tint that rubs in clear without leaving a heavy, filmy residue. The combination of coconut oil and shea butter boosts hydration leaving your skin feeling smooth and nourished while giving your face a healthy glow.
- Made from non-nano zinc oxide, a safe and effective sunscreen filter according to EWG experts
- Protects your face against both UVA and UVB rays to help prevent sunburns
- Dermatologically tested, its hypoallergenic, unscented/fragrance-free formula reduces the risk of allergies
- Blends quickly into the skin without leaving a sticky feeling; suitable for face and body
- Handy stick format makes it easier to apply sunscreen on the go easier
- Glides on clear with an easy application for mess-free protection
- Tinted face sunscreen stick designed for sensitive skin; seamlessly blends into all skin tones and leaves a universal shade for a healthy glowDermatologically tested, its formula reduces the risk of allergies
- Plastic-free, biodegradable and easy to use packaging
- Ocean reef-friendly; free from potentially damaging ecotoxic chemical UV filters such as octinoxate or oxybenzone for coral reefs
- Certified by PETA as vegan and cruelty-free
Note: This formula is not water resistant.
Note: There are two types of UV filters: chemical and physical. Chemical filters use active ingredients that get absorbed by the skin to block UV rays and protect the skin. Physical (or mineral) filters create a physical barrier on the skin to block UV rays. According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), zinc oxide is considered to be the safest physical filter.
This product is offered by Just the Goods as final sale. Larger sizes forthcoming (currently out of stock)
Push tube. Apply generously 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Reapply every 2 hours or after swimming, towel drying, perspiring heavily, or washing.
Warnings: For external use only. Do not use on damaged or broken skin. If rash occurs, stop use and ask a doctor. When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Ask a doctor for use on children under 6 months of age.
Please note that this tinted product contains pigments, which may leave marks on light colored clothing.
key ingredient: Zinc oxide (20%)
- cocos nucifera (coconut) oil (skin conditioning)
- polyhydroxystearic acid (emulsifying)
- butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter (skin conditioning)
- helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil (emollient)
- caprylic/capric triglyceride (skin conditioning)
- helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed wax (skin conditioning)
- ricinus communis (castor) seed oil (skin conditioning)
- behenyl behenate (emollient)
- capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer (emulsifying)
- coco-caprylate/caprate (emollient)
- isopropyl titanium triisostearate (emulsifying)
- iron oxides (cosmetic colorant)
Note from Attitude’s website: “Our products are constantly evolving, hence, please refer to the product packaging for our most accurate ingredient list.” -- Just the Goods will take very best efforts to identify changes and update this website
Also noted on Attitude’s website: “Please note that our products have always contained fragrances of natural origin (except for unscented products). The only thing that has changed is the way we display this information on our packaging. EWG has requested that we add the term *fragrance (parfum) to our list of ingredients because their internal standard now makes it mandatory for companies to indicate which ingredients are part of the fragrance.
30 g / 1 oz in plastic-free FSC-certified recyclable cardboard packaging. Smaller formats are currently out of stock, but will be added as soon as they become available.
Both products offer similar protection against the UVA and UVB rays. A 30g sun stick can be applied more precisely to specific areas of the face such as the nose, cheekbones, or under the eyes. 85g sun sticks are more practical on larger areas such as arms, legs and back.
Please note: the packaging for this format may differ slightly from the visuals on this page.
Why choose an SPF 30 sunscreen?
SPF indicates the amount of UVB rays blocked by a sunscreen. SPF 30 will block 97.4% of UVB rays, while SPF 50 will block 98%. As you can see, the difference is relatively small. Although the numbers increase, your degree of protection isn’t significantly better. In fact, the difference between SPF 30 and 50 is minimal—SPF 50 only blocks an extra 0.6% of UVB radiation.
Percentage of blocked UVB rays:
- SPF 15: 93%
- SPF 30: 97,4%
- SPF 50: 98%
- SPF 60: 98,3%
For more information, read Attitude's article "The Truth About High SPF Sunscreens: Are They Really Better?"