A quick look at the ingredients in conventional moisturizing lotion can be disconcerting. Petroleum is problematic enough without a whole bunch of other chemicals such as parabens and carbomers, not to mention artificial fragrances and colour. Yet, sadly, those elements constitute the basis of most widely available products.
It seems the sky is the limit when it comes to selecting oils for use in cosmetics, so our goal when creating a moisturizing lotion was to balance healthier choices and affordability.
- Avocado oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E, as well as potassium, proteins, beta-carotene and numerous essential unsaturated fatty acids. It also contains a high quantity of sterolins, which is reported to help reduce age spots, help heal sun damage and scars. Avocado oil is furthermore said to increase the amount of collagen in the skin, which facilitates regeneration, particularly in the case of skin that is dehydrated or otherwise affected by difficult climates. Some claim that avocado oil can even help to relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema.
- Apricot kernel oil has a high content of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acid. It is considered gentle enough to be used in products for babies, and is thus also suitable for mature and sensitive skin. It is well absorbed without leaving a greasy feeling, and can be helpful in calming the discomfort associated with conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Aloe vera gel is a powerful moisturizer that simultaneously helps to remove dead skin. It also stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin and is known to have a healing effect on burns and other wounds, all of which translates into assisting regeneration.
- Tea tree oil helps fight bacteria and keep pores clear.
- Distilled water gives this lotion a smooth, fluid texture while ensuring a non-greasy finish, vegetable based emulsifying wax holds everything together, and vegetable glycerine provides staying power.
With all this being said, toner is arguably the most important step in preventing occasional acne, and should be used after washing / before applying moisturizer. Additional skin care suggestions, including the most effective way to use toner, can be found here: http://shop.justthegoods.net/?page_id=4126.
This handcrafted product is made without artificial preservatives. To protect it's integrity and to promote longevity, please store this product in a cool dark place and seal tightly between uses as heat and sunlight will cause premature deterioration.>> Having trouble choosing the right facial care products? Just the Goods' primary line offers 12 face washes, 4 toners and 4 moisturizers... that means 192 possible combinations of products to help meet you personal needs! For more information about choosing the right products for your skin type, please visit: https://justthegoods.net/pages/choosing-the-most-suitable-facial-care-products-for-your-skin-type. Or, send me a message and I'll respond with my 7 - 10 point questionnaire which we'll use together to find what's right for you! <<
Note: Not recommended for highly sensitive skin. Please visit this skin care FAQ for additional information: http://shop.justthegoods.net/?page_id=4126
vegan facial moisturizer for acne prone skin / hydratant pour le visage végétarien pour peaux acnéiques: aqua (water/eau), persea gratissima (avocado/avocat) oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot/abricot) kernel oil, ethoxylated sorbitan ester (vegetable based emulsifying wax/cire émulsifiante végétale), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf gel, vegetable glycerin/glycérine végétale, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree/arbre à thé) oil, tocopherol (vitamin e - non GMO soy/vitamine e - soja sans OGM)
This product is available in: 25 ml/1 oz hdpe bottles; 118 ml/4 oz hdpe bottles; 235 ml/8oz hdpe bottles; 235 ml/8 oz glass bottles with a pump
Please note: facial moisturizer is not available in 235 ml/8 oz glass bottles during the winter months because the water in this product can freeze, expand, and force enough pressure onto the glass that it shatters during transit. All cliches aside, Winnipeg *does* have a cold climate for a large part of the year, and that means this format is unavailable between mid-October to mid-April at my discretion. Thanks!
Please also note: reusable pumps for 118 ml/4 oz bottles and 235 ml/8 oz hdpe bottles are sold separately in the accessories section of this website (https://justthegoods.net/collections/accessories)