vegan facial moisturizer for acne prone skin
A quick look at the ingredients in conventional moisturizing lotion can be disconcerting. Petroleum is problematic enough without chemicals such as parabens, carbomers, fragrances and colours added to the mix. Yet, those elements constitute the basis of most widely available products.
It seems the sky is the limit when it comes to selecting oils for use in cosmetics, so our goal when creating a moisturizing lotion was to balance healthier choices and affordability. Just the Goods highlights:
- Avocado oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E, as well as potassium, proteins, beta-carotene and numerous essential unsaturated fatty acids. It also contains a high quantity of sterolins, which is reported to help reduce age spots, help heal sun damage and scars. Avocado oil is furthermore said to increase the amount of collagen in the skin, which facilitates regeneration, particularly in the case of skin that is dehydrated or otherwise affected by difficult climates (i.e. Winnipeg’s dry winters). Some claim that avocado oil can even help to relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema.
- Apricot kernel oil has a high content of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acid. It is considered gentle enough to be used in products for babies, and is thus also suitable for mature and sensitive skin. It is well absorbed without leaving a greasy feeling, and can be helpful in calming the discomfort associated with conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Aloe vera gel is a powerful moisturizer that simultaneously helps to remove dead skin. It also stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin and is known to have a healing effect on burns and other wounds, all of which translates into assisting regeneration.
- Tea tree oil helps fight bacteria and keep pores clear.
- Distilled water gives this lotion a smooth, fluid texture while ensuring a non-greasy finish, vegetable based emulsifying wax holds everything together, and vegetable glycerine provides staying power.
With all this being said, toner is arguably the most important step in preventing occasional acne, and should be used after washing / before applying moisturizer. Additional skin care suggestions, including the most effective way to use toner, can be found here: http://shop.justthegoods.net/?page_id=4126.
This handcrafted product is made without artificial preservatives. To protect it's integrity and to promote longevity, please store this product in a cool dark place and seal tightly between uses as heat and sunlight will cause premature deterioration.
Note: Not recommended for highly sensitive skin. Please visit this skin care FAQ for additional information: http://shop.justthegoods.net/?page_id=4126
distilled water, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, exthxylated sorbitan ester (vegetable based emulsifying wax), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf gel, vegetable glycerine, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, tocopherol vitamin e - non gmo soy)