Thinking about exfoliation, and wanting to try something different, I looked into oils that were naturally rich in alpha hydroxy acids and/or enzymes to exfoliate without the mechanical action of scrubbing. My research brought me to papaya leaf oil, so I blended it with two of my favourite nutrient rich, skin soothing oils, and was very happy with the results!
Upon sharing this with other folks (those with both black and full colour work) and learning they also found that it seemed to brighten skin (and tattoos) in ways incomparable to other moisturizers, here I am now sharing this with all of you! This is a limited edition item for now, but if you find that you also really love it, please do let me know as I’d be delighted to make it a regularly available item =-)
This formula is made with three ingredients:
- papaya leaf oil, which is rich in antioxidants (ie. saponins, flavonoids, tannins, and alkaloids), vitamins (particularly A and C), alpha-hydroxy acids ("AHA"s), and a very specific enzyme called papain. Together, these compounds improve circulation and break down dead skin cells leaving skin soft and bright.
- rosehip seed oil is harvested from the seeds of rose bushes and is full of antioxidants vitamins A and C, and omega-6 essential fatty acids, which nourish cells deeply to protect, repair, hydrate, and promote healthy cellular turnover thanks to boosted production of collagen and elastin.
- jojoba seed oil is uniquely like our own skin's sebum, so it is remarkably effective at penetrating deeply to deliver necessary. It also contains essential fatty acids such as omega-6 and -9, rich antioxidants, and nourishing vitamins A, D, and E, all of which combine to soothe, protect, and repair cellular damage.
This product should be used on fully healed tattoos only. Do not use this product as fresh tattoo aftercare. If you’re looking for an aftercare product, please use this instead: https://justthegoods.net/products/vegan-after-sun-tattoo-aftercare-lotion
This product is not safe for use during pregnancy or nursing
This product is not recommended for sensitive skin, or anyone with a latex allergy
Not sure if this product is right for you? Please try a sample first.
carica papaya (papaya) leaf oil, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil
This product is currently available in:
- 7 ml / 0.23 fl oz tester vials
- a limited quantity of 30 ml / 1 oz black glass dropper bottles
- 118 ml / 4 oz aluminum bottles that can be used with either a reusable bottle pump, reusable flip top, or as a refill for reusable glass roller bottle, all of which are sold separately and can be found here: https://justthegoods.net/collections/accessories