Treat Yourself + Feel Your Stress Melt Away!
Meet Katie + Milena in St. Gallen for a one-of-a-kind
Stress Relieving Cooking + Home Spa Retreat
Whole Nourishment and Just the Goods are teaming up to bring you a three-day cooking and skincare daytime retreat in St. Gallen, Switzerland. Stress depletes body and mind, but with the right tools and strategies, taking time for ourselves to recharge at home could not be easier or more beneficial.
- ease anxiety?
- sooth irritated, dry skin?
- boost energy and alertness?
- replenish depleted nutrients?
If so, then join us and discover our top secrets for simple and nourishing at-home cooking and skincare rituals that will unlock your potential to feel good in your body and thrive during times of stress.
In this retreat:Katie Schmidt of Whole Nourishment will be in the kitchen:
- cooking up simple and tasty plant-based meals that ease anxiety and provide lasting energy
- sharing cooking formulas for effortless weekday meal planning and cooking
- revealing daily rituals to optimize the healing and nourishing power of plant-based foods
- sharing simple strategies to support gut health and improve digestion and mood
Milena Lye of Just the Goods will show you how to create a home spa environment and:
- identify positive features of healthier skin care products while highlighting ingredients to avoid
- explore the multiple ways adequate, healthy moisture contributes to skin and body wellness
- share tips for creating the perfect all-sensory spa getaway at home
- welcome participants to create custom body scrubs and facial masks to take home, use and enjoy
When: May 28 - 29, 2016
Where: Mimi & the Peacock - Unterer Graben 1 (3. Stock) - St. Gallen
- 8 cooking and skincare demonstrations
- Custom-made body scrubs and facial masks to take home
- Handouts on relevant nutrition topics, cooking formulas, recipes, and meal prep strategies
- Enriching conversation on self-care, comfort food, and stress management
- Meals and snacks throughout the retreat
- Gift bag for each participant
Cost: 250 CHF
*This retreat is a two-part daytime workshop. Meals and snacks included in the cost of the retreat are noted in the Retreat Schedule. You are responsible for arranging your own hotel accommodations. A list of nearby hotels and Airbnb options are offered in the retreat schedule. We will organize an optional dinner out on Saturday evening for anyone who would like to join. Dinners and hotel accommodations are not included in the retreat cost.
- Saturday May 28, 13:30 - 17:30
- Sunday May 29, 10:00 - 16:00
HOW TO REGISTER
For further information and to register, please write to email@example.com. Registration space is limited and a waiting list will be established. A 50% deposit is required to reserve, and registration is considered confirmed upon payment in full no later than April 30, 2016. Cancellations made before April 30, 2016 are entitled to a full refund. All confirmed registrants will be contacted on May 1, 2016. The waiting list will be contacted on a first come, first served basis beginning May 1, 2016
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Katie Schmidt, Whole Nourishment
Whole Nourishment celebrates the beauty and healing nature of plant-based whole foods, mindful self-care, and wellness as a lifestyle. Founder, Katie Schmidt, expresses her mission as a desire to share satisfyingly healthy and approachable recipes and her Whole Nourishment philosophy in order to equip others with everyday solutions to achieve wellness in the kitchen and beyond. This is accomplished with regular food and wellness posts for blog followers, local plant-based nutrition and cooking workshops, and 1:1 Health Coaching work with clients seeking to make positive, sustainable changes to their diet and lifestyle. Schmidt holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas in Health Education and Spanish (2006) and a Masters of Public Health in Epidemiology from Emory University (2008). She became a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach through the New York-based Institute for Integrative Nutrition (2014). There she learned from the world's top health and wellness experts, studying over 100 dietary theories that drew from ancient traditions of Eastern medicine and modern nutrition for leading a more balanced, nourishing, and mindful lifestyle. Visit: http://www.wholenourishment.net
Milena Lye, Just the Goods
As a former curator of contemporary art, Just the Goods founder, Milena Lye, has taken 15 years experience working in non-profit / educational contexts and applied it to her current practice as a handmaker of plant and mineral-based skin and body care products. Just the Goods is focused on self-care rather than the narrow framework of “beauty”, and prioritizes safe ingredients, transparent labeling, and accessible pricing. Just the Goods has served clients worldwide for over 6 years operating on the belief that every day indulgences shouldn’t cost the earth or our health. Granted Champion status by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, Just the Goods demonstrates that it is both possible and affordable to look and feel great without unnecessary exposure to petrochemicals, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial fragrances, dyes, and flavours. Everything handcrafted by Just the Goods features vegan ingredients certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program. Just the Goods is also an official partner of Humane Society International, and is a Women's Voices for the Earth No Secrets Business Partner.