- Kaolin is a mild yet effective clay that helps to absorb accumulated oil and dirt from pores without over-drying.
- Amaranth flour is a gluten-free ancient grain rich in fibre that very gently exfoliates while imparting helpful micronutrients beneficial to skin including manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron.
- Shavegrass' unique silica content allows it to help form collagen in the body. Beyond this, its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties encourage skin to thrive by offering nutrients including calcium, manganese, iron, saponins, flavonoids, tannins, caffeic acid esters, alkaloids, phytosterols, and essential fatty acids, among others.
- Bisabolol is the active compound in chamomile, which makes it anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial -- all beneficial for gentle cleansing while also soothing and softening dry, irritated skin.
- Marshmallow root features mucilage, polysaccharides, and low concentrations of ceramide precursors to soothe, moisturize, and heal.
Packaged dry to prevent risk of spoilage and the need for unnecessary synthetic preservatives, these cleansing grains can be customized with the amount of water added to create a light paste according to your desired consistency. Pre-mix a small portion in a dish and apply with a brush, or mix a portion with water directly in your hands immediately upon use, the choice is yours! Apply onto face, massage gently, and rinse well.
This cleanser can remove most mineral makeup, but should be followed with a cleansing toner applied with a cotton pad to reach into pores for a complete finish, particularly if attempting to remove petroleum-based cosmetics. Find JTG’s tips for daily skin care, including how to most effectively use toner, here: https://justthegoods.net/pages/tips-for-daily-skin-care.
Each glass jar contains 40 g / 1.41 oz. This product contains ingredients considered safe for use during most pregnancies and nursing. Still, it is best to check with your health care providers first in case of any unique circumstances which may demonstrate otherwise.
All petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods products are…
- made with 100% certified organic plant and mineral-based ingredients
- vegan and certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program
- free from artificial preservatives, colours, and/or fragrances
- free from gluten, GMOs, nuts, palm, petrochemicals, and soy
- offered in glass bottles/jars and packed in boxes printed on post-consumer paper with plant-based inks using a waterless process
This product is handcrafted without the use of artificial preservatives and lasts longer when exposure to the elements (i.e. air, humidity, sunlight) is kept to a minimum. Please store in a cool, dark place and keep tightly sealed between uses for maximum longevity.
NOTE: Not sure if this product is right for you? Try a sample first by selecting the smaller packaging option using the drop down menu
kaolin clay, amaranthus caudatus (amaranth) flour*, equisetum arvense (shavegrass)*°, anthemis nobilis (roman chamomile)*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root powder*
* organic origin
argile de kaolin, farine d’amaranthus caudatus (amarante)*, equisetum arvense (prêle des champs)*°, anthemis nobilis (camomille romaine)*, poudre de racine d’althaea officinalis (guimauve)*
° cueilli à l'état sauvage
Mix a small amount of cleansing grains in the palm of your hand with water until a paste is formed. Massage onto face. Rinse off with warm water. Store in a cool, dark place.
Mélanger une petite quantité de grains nettoyants dans la paume de votre main avec de l'eau jusqu'à l’obtention d'une pâte. Masser sur le visage. Rincer à l'eau chaude. Garder à l'abri de la lumière et de la chaleur.